Speak up against Governments' plans to separate families with a foreign spouse
On the 10th June Theresa May announced changes to immigration rules that will mean from July, a UK citizen will be unable to bring to the UK a non-EU spouse or partner unless they earn at least £18,600, rising to £24,800 if there are 2 children involved.
It will also reduce the rights of UK citizens, who will have fewer family reunification rights than EU citizens.
The chances are you or someone close to you will be affected by these new rules and we need your help to get the message out there:
- We are calling on people to lobby their local MP and Chris Bryant, Labour Shadow Immigration Minister.
- You can retweet our daily tweets leading up to Implementation Day on 9th July @JCWInews.
- On 9th July we will also be holding a demonstration near Parliament at 4:30pm.
- In the evening Lord Judd will be hosting a meeting in the House of Lords where MPs, Lords and most importantly people directly affected by the rule changes will be invited to speak.
- You can keep up-to-date with our campaign via our Blog www.jcwi.org.uk/blog
For more details, a guide to lobbying your MP and to register for the events please go to our website: http://www.jcwi.org.uk/blog/2012/06/18/next-steps-against-family-immigration-rule-changes