How best to prepare and present asylum appeals - 23 Oct 12
Winning appeals against refusal of asylum remains one of the difficult areas of immigration law. With focused preparation and careful presentation, however, the chances of success can increase dramatically. This course is designed to maximise chances of success in asylum appeals by giving candidates clear guidance from a practitioner with longstanding experience of presenting appeals before the Immigration & Asylum Chambers of both the First and Upper Tier Tribunals. The course will provide candidates with proven tactical approaches to common problems in asylum appeals as well as a thorough grounding in requirements of counsel, solicitors and caseworkers in presenting appeals.
• Understanding the process and procedure of seeking protection in the UK;
• Correct approach to assessment of evidence including credibility, oral and documentary evidence;
• Understanding legal test for refugee status, exclusion, and cessation;
• Understand what constitutes an immigration decision and the grounds of appeal.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Prepare and present an asylum appeal;
• Advocate before the First Tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber)