OISC 1- Update 8 Oct 12
This one day course intends to provide an update of legal developments for those who have taken the OISC Level 1 and need to keep their knowledge up to date in line with the OISC continual professional development (CPD) Scheme requirements. Delegates attending this course will be expected to have already attended the “Level 1 OISC (initial advice)” course or have an equivalent knowledge of the subjects covered.
The course will look at:
- update on the Points Based Scheme and working in the UK
- recent changes to the Immigration Rules, including those relating to students, children and spouses as well as settlement changes
- current position regarding re-entry bans and general grounds of refusal
- update on the marriage of foreign nationals in the UK
- update on law relating to European nationals, including the A2 countries
- update of citizenship and nationality law
- Policies and concessions outside the immigration rules.