Tier 4 - latest changes and legal challenges - 4 Dec 12
This course will provide an overview of the Tier 4 scheme. The training will be suitable for advisers and solicitors, as well as institutions, such as universities, that provide services to students.
The course will specifically deal with:
• The Tier 4 requirements in the Rules and guidance including the requirement for a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS).
• the powers of universities to carry out checks on students.
• in country rights of appeal.
• a brief account of administrative review for applicants living outside of the United Kingdom
• work restrictions for students studying courses below degree level, bans on family members from accompanying students who are following a course of study which is six months or less, and limits on employment for accompanying family members
• applications to become Highly Trusted Sponsors and the requirements
• New limitations on the duration of study at Tier 4 degree level, and on work placements
At the end of the course participants will have a good grasp of Tier 4.