Working under the PBS - 4 Dec 12
The course will cover the latest March/April 2012 Immigration Rules changes and will specifically look at changes to Tiers 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the PBS, the closure of Post Study Work scheme, provisions for switching into tier 2, and the new Graduate Entrepreneur scheme.
It will look at current and future changes to Tier 2 (General) including requirements for settlement, capped leave and the cooling off period, the key June 12 changes to the Tier 2 guidance and other Tier 2 changes.
Also covered are the new visitor route (permitted paid engagements), changes to the domestic worker scheme, mandatory curtailment and limited exceptions to this.
This course also provides a more general overview of the PBS including
• background and sources of law
• a breakdown of each of Tiers 1, 2 and 5 under the PBS – including an overview of the eligibility criteria and application procedures
• rights of dependants to join those working in the UK
• challenging PBS decisions: appeal rights and administrative review (briefly examined)
• the system of sponsorship: the general duties on sponsors, the circumstances in which certificates are issued
• illegal working – civil penalties and the criminal offence
• the General Grounds of Refusal and how they can be relevant to PBS applications.