Applications for this role have now closed. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Monday 24th July. All interviews will take place on Wednesday 26th July.
Applications for this role have now closed. All shortlisted applicants have now been contacted. Unfortunately owing to the high volume of applicants we are unable to respond individually to all those that applied. Thank you all very much for your interest and do keep an eye out for future opportunities at JCWI.
Internships at JCWI
JCWI recruits interns on a voluntary basis throughout the year to support the organisation in all its departments. Ideally, interns will be able to commit to 2 days a week for a period of 3 months, however other arrangements will also be considered.
Internships are unpaid. The recruitment rounds take place every 3 months and are ongoing throughout the year.
If you are interested in applying, please see the person specifications below.
Please note: due to high volumes of applicants received only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our extremely busy Casework department is on the lookout for enthusiastic, engaged individuals who would like to gain experience in a legal environment.The post would suit someone with an interest in immigration who is looking to increase their legal knowledge and experience.
- Casework research of different kinds
- Help with file management
- Taking calls from prospective clients
- Attending client meetings, taking notes of meetings, some direct communication with clients
- Help with preparing documents to accompany applications
- Help with preparation of appeal bundles
- Some attendance at court hearings
- Routine clerical work
- Degree level education or equivalent attainment (preferably in law or related subject)
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Attention to factual and textual detail
- Interest in UK immigration law
Have or be working towards a qualification in law
Apply with your CV and a Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Closing date 30 September 2017
Please note: due to the high volume of applicants we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.