Do you want to play an important role in a high profile national charity as a Trustee?
This is a voluntary appointment which will bring non-monetary rewards. If you would welcome the opportunity to strategically lead a national charity and make a difference to the lives of all migrants (immigrants and refugees) this is a great opportunity to bring your skills, knowledge and experience to help JCWI deliver its mission.
Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI) is an independent national organisation which has been challenging discrimination and campaigning for justice in immigration, nationality and refugee law and policy since 1967.
If you are a person of integrity without any legal impediment to become a trustee of a charity you are welcome to apply.
Please read the person specification and job description and then send your CV with a short cover letter expressing your willingness to the Chief Executive.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Saira Grant, JCWI, 115 Old Street, London EC1V 9RT.
Internships at JCWI
JCWI recruits Interns for at least 2 days a week for 3 months, to support the organisation in all its departments.
The recruitment rounds take place every 3 months and are ongoing throughout the year.
If you are interested in applying, please see the person specifications below.
Please note: due to high volumes of applicants received only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in an internship with JCWI.
Policy & Campaigns Intern
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dedicated and creative individual to join our policy & campaigns team.
Our Policy & Campaigns interns assist with running our current campaigns and contribute to the policy work of the organisation. We ask for a commitment of at least 2 days per week for 3 months, although we will also consider other arrangements.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- To support the JCWI team in managing and running current campaigns, including ‘I am an Immigrant’ (UK), the global ‘I am a migrant’ campaign and the ‘I am a Refugee’ campaign
- To conduct desk-based research on a variety of migration topics
- To provide logistical support and research for our advocacy work in both Houses of Parliament.
- To assist in the liaison between JCWI and other partner organisations in our campaigning & policy work
- To assist with spreading JCWI’s message on social media and increasing our reach and engagement
- To work collaboratively with our partners on developing current and upcoming campaigns
- To support the Policy Officer in the drafting and production of briefings, consultation responses and other policy documents by carrying out research and providing other assistance
- Conducting in-depth research on current policy priority areas and projects
- Assistance with the production of JCWI’s bulletins, media news and other publications and materials, including updating and development of JCWI’s website
- Writing clear and accessible text for social media, blogs, reports, briefings etc.
- Degree level education or equivalent attainment, ideally in a field related to migration/ human rights.
- Some experience of using social media communications
- Some experience undertaking desk-based research
- Interest in social justice and UK immigration and human rights policy
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Clear writing style
- Attention to factual and textual detail
To apply, please send a CV and Cover Letter (no longer than 2 pages) to email@example.com