08/02/2018 3:30pm to 08/02/2018 7:15pm
This course will be beneficial to OISC Level 3 accredited advisers who have already obtained the Judicial Review Case Management (JRCM) authorisation and those who are thinking to apply for it. It will also be useful for solicitorswho are thinking they would like to develop their skills in this particular area. The trainer, Mavelyn Vidal, a Barrister with extensive knowledge on the subject, having over 21 years’ experience, will be taking the delegates through the practical and procedural steps of a JR application. There will be opportunity for questions.
The focus of the course will be on the practical steps involved in the JRCM process. Topics covered are:
· Assessing the merits of pursuing a JR application
· Meeting with the client to discuss: risks involved and exploring any alternative remedies, and various stages of a JR application.
· Drafting the Judicial Review Pre- Action Protocol letter
· The SSHD’s Response to the Pre-Action Protocol
· Drafting a Brief to counsel.
· Checking the factual accuracy of the grounds for review drafted by counsel.
· Instructing counsel to lodge the Claim Form
· Preparing the trial bundle (note duty of disclosure and duty of candour)
· Time limits
· Acknowledgement of Service
· Upper Tribunal procedures (including permission grant or refusal and costs)
· Remedies (including mandatory order and injunctions)
· Urgent cases
Objectives: at the end of the course delegates will have a good overview of the competence, skills and aptitudes required to practise in this area and increased confidence in dealing with JR applications.
£170 £140+vat JCWI members; £270 £240+vat non-members